It’s been awhile since I have counted egg totals etc. So I thought I would update today on all of our chicken totals…
- Currently 23 adult chickens are the only egg layers
- 48 young chickens could begin laying in the next couple of months, or they may wait until springtime
- Our adults are almost 2 years old and have been laying eggs since Feb. 14th, 2010
- We have now had approximately 7,628 eggs give or take a few because once in awhile I forget to record, or the chickens will break one on accident and eat it and I will just find the shell and not record it. If anything our number is actually higher than what I have recorded.
- The chickens still love bananas, oatmeal and any sort of produce or bread that I want to give them. They will eat basically anything and I’ll even pick grass for them a couple of times a week because they like to eat it so much.
- We go through about 150lb of food every week or so now although I have been doing a bad job of recording exactly when I fill the food bins lately so it could vary up to 10 days or so. And they drink about 4 gallons of water a day.